Friday 12 December 2014

'tis the season to be: killing black dudes?


Okay, so one's a tragedy, two's a coincidence, and any more than that and all of y'all just planned it....

If you don't understand my rambling, then you haven't been on the Internet in a while and if you haven't and this is the first site you're reading, I'm honored. 

Let me catch you up: the police in some American states are, for some reason, killing black men. And a few days (weeks?) ago, they killed a kid. A 12-year old kid with a mother and siblings and people who saw him that day (November 22 of this year) and thought they would see him again- alive- because that isn't a stupid thing to assume, is it?

Or maybe it is. There have been one too many killings of black men by various methods (one by chokehold which I read was even banned in that particular state many years ago). I know there's been racism for a very long time in America, but one would think that they would have gotten over the fact that there are some people out there who look different skin-wise, a long time ago. Seriously.

I don't know what's going on with the police force in America, but I get the feeling that with all the protests that have erupted, things are about to change. I'm black. I

If you don't think racism is making a comeback (or has always been there), then read this post at cracked .com: 5 Studies That Prove That Racism is Still Way Worse Than We Think (in America. I have never actually experienced racism before because, NIGERIAN! I have seen it be done to white people here though. Seems like it sucks).


No comments:

Post a Comment