Saturday 25 April 2015

discover: jon bellion

This is the man. He looks so hipster...


Anyway, he is a singer-songwriter New York native, full name: Jonathan Giler Bellion, a 24 year old signed to Visionary Music Group. His music is this blend of indie rock, R&B and hip-hop and usually that combination would make me wary but I saw a gif set from the music video for his song Simple and Sweet on Tumblr and that was what led me to google the lyrics I saw and that led me to YouTube and the rest, as they say, is history.

From what I read, he took his time with this album and it sounds like it too; each track is curated beautifully. He's been a producer since he was 14 and he got tired of  the generic music he was asked to put out. Suffice to say, there is nothing generic about this album. He has also released 3 previous EPs before the one he released last year: The Definition, which is available for free on his website jonbellion.com.

Listen to Simple and Sweet below and tell me what you think in the comments.




He's going to work with Zedd on his upcoming album, True Colors. This album is also reported to have collaboration with artists like Echosmith and Selena Gomez. Can't wait! 

Click on the image to head over to jonbellion.com to download his album FOR FREE!

Download The Definition

Check him out on:

Twitter|Facebook|Soundcloud

No comments:

Post a Comment