Friday 13 February 2015

tim cantor's surrealist art for smoke + mirrors rocks my world







Okay, so anyone who reads this blog frequently enough will know that I have a teeny obsession with Imagine Dragons (yes, teeny). I love Dan Reynolds and despite the fact that he's a white male and is famous, rich and married, I relate to him so well that I feel as if I've known him my whole life through the lyrics he sings, and Wayne Sermon's gold guitars and the way he plays with everything inside him makes you realize how much he feels the music he plays, and Danny Platzman's drumming and Ben McKee's bass guitaring complete the whole thing.


However, I'm not here to talk about the Imagine Dragons (not really anyway). The album art for their sophomore album Smoke + Mirrors was done by the self-taught surrealist artist, Tim Cantor. The man is incredible, the art is incredible

I've always loved surrealist art. Art is yet another way of self-expression that paves a path into the human soul. Surrealism is featured on many platforms, even in music (the rise and fall of tones that make your heart move with them) and films (look no further than movies like A Clockwork Orange and others like it). Some people find surrealist art kind of freaky and a lot of them tend to give it a wide berth and it is admittedly a little off, but as Rainbow Rowell (love her!) wrote in her book Eleanor and Park about art:



So, enjoy the art below and tell me what you think in the comments!

***




















                                                                             

***
Visit Tim Cantor's website, follow him on Twitter, do the Facebook, Google him! He's awesome. Also, he knows Imagine Dragons.





No comments:

Post a Comment