Monday 22 December 2014

discover: kodaline

Kodaline.



One word. One band. Four guys.

They're debut album In A Perfect World shattered my world and I was mind-blown through and through. They first song I ever heard was High Hopes, I think and then I heard All I Want off the TFiOS soundtrack and I was hooked.

From L-R:- Vinny May, Steve Garrigan, Mark Prendergast, Jason Boland

They have this early-2000s, pre-poppy Coldplay sound that underlies their own original sound and it kills me every time and I've lost track of the number of times I've listened to their album.

My favourite line from the entire album (YES I WAS ABLE TO PICK ONE!) was /see, you brought out the best of me, a part of me I'd never seen/. There's something honest about it in a way that a lot of things aren't.

There's a new album on its way called Coming Up For Air which you can pre-order here and they released a single from it called Honest which I couldn't even...give me a minute while I shed totally rockstar-like tears of joy over the beauty of this song.

Here's Honest (aka, your induction into the world of Koda-awesomeness):

Amazing, yes? Yes.

Here's a bunch of pic quotes to tide you over till you download the album (which I have no doubt that you will do. Shameless marketing? Yasssss!!!)













They're Irish and they're band name used to be 21 Demands. For now, Kodaline has no real meaning- it was just something they made up.

Looking super stylish...
Can I just say that I love their style as a whole? There's this fluidity to it- Steve doesn't really care- he's always in these amazing slouchy sweaters that are just want, want want, and he's such a diva in his all black, all the time ensembles. They're not even a typical group of boys in a proper band (proper band because there's actual instruments played by them and everything)- y'know, hot because they're in a band, not in spite of it but they're enchanting human beings much like Chris Martin and his crew. No one cares if they're cute or not because they make such good music and that is what being in a band is supposed to be all about. They are cute though. That's undeniable...

Vincent "Vinny" May

Mark Prendergast
Jason Boland



               
                  And their enigmatic frontman Steve Garrigan who's like a cross between Ed Sheeran, Harry Styles and Chris Martin.

We love it.


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment