Monday 8 December 2014

happiness: maybe not so overrated

Last week, a classmate of mine who joined the class about a week ago was involved in a hit and run and she died from her wounds. Another classmate of mine was with her when it happened and it obviously affected him. It made me realize that happiness is something we seriously take for granted.

I spent the rest of the weekend moping around in my dorm and trying to figure out how to forget and move on with my life. I barely knew the girl either way even if it affected me so much that I couldn't think straight the rest of the day. However, I realized a few things about myself while going through the grieving process. While it takes a lot to get me down, I tend to stay down when I am pushed. This is not very cool at all, and I like to think of myself as a cool person.

As teenagers, and people in general, we tend to take the daily, normal state of our lives for granted, When something shakes us up, it's hard to get back on the Horse of Life (weirder when typed, but I'm keeping it). So, this post is all about finding reasons to be happy (basically googling "reasons to be happy", but at least I'm trying, right?).

Here are my seven (because seven is a happy, uncomplicated number) reasons to be happy (not actuallylimited to seven in any way, shape or form. Happiness comes in all shapes and sizes. I just like the number seven).

Disclaimer: these are things that make ME happy. They are also not my "media" (video, pictures, etc). Enjoy.

***

#7

This song by Sia that is a remix of the old one, used in the new Annie movie original soundtrack. Now THIS is a happy jam (take notes Pharrell).



#6

This little girl who started a dance party on the Subway. Kid's got moves. That pink jacket is enough to make me smile.


#5

This little guy:


#4:

This mug even if I don't own it (yet...)

#3:

Wise words of Stephen Chobsky. Yes it makes me happy- the guy gets me...


#2:

True story


#1:

Stiles (Teen Wolf)

Just sayin'.

Stay happy people.

Images via google.com, youtube.com and buzzfeed.com

No comments:

Post a Comment