Monday 6 July 2015

discover: sam bruno

It has been way too long since I wrote on this and I apologize to anyone who checks here for new material. However, I have yet another treasure for you to enjoy and I hope you can appreaciate and love her music as much as I do.

First of all, let me introduce you to the song that should keep your ears warm (warm?) this summer:


Listen to it before you proceed with the rest of the post.


If you don't like it, then you really shouldn't be here. This is pop you can listen to without feelign sick to your stomach after the first five seconds. It has the 'Paper Planes' (M.I.A 2007 hit) vibe to it, mixed with something that feels a little like Lorde that makes me want to sway and stop in the middle of the stairs to class and dance like no one's watching even when there are peopl everywhere- this is pretty hard to achieve for me seeing as I hate dancing in public anyway.

It is essentially a song about running away, but it also feels like summer and freedom with those people you care about enough to spend weeks with. It's beautiful synth-pop that makes you feel like you can do anything.

Sam Bruno (pictured below) doesn't have much by way of singles on her Soundcloud or Youtube channel, although she's done some pretty cool collabs.



'Search Party' is shaping up to be one of the top songs of the summer and then it'll be overplayed everywhere and I may start to despise it, but for now, I will let it warm my ears and be my one true love (until I find another one true love of course).

At this rate, I'm not sure I can wait to hear rest of the songs off the Paper Towns soundtrack.

Sam Bruno's Links:
Soundcloud|Twitter|Youtube|Facebook|Website

No comments:

Post a Comment